Clam Spring Rolls
These spring rolls are a refreshing change from the usual fried variety. Combine clams, rice noodles, vegetables, herbs and roll tight. Serve with peanut sauce and sriracha; they are a great summer time appetizer.
Cook noodles according to instructions, but replace ½ the water with clam juice and let rest in a zip lock bag for 1 hour. Mix clams, sriracha, carrots, cucumber, vinegar and soy, set aside. Dip rice paper in steaming water to soften (can use 2 wrappers to strengthen). Place layers of noodles, clam mix, shredded cabbage in 2 Tbsp. increments top with 2 each: basil and mint leaves. Roll tight and refrigerate. Serve with peanut sauce and sriracha, or sear and steam in pan.
Yield: 24 rolls
- 1 Cup Sea Watch Chopped Sea Clams
- 1 Tbsp. Sriracha Hot Sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. Soy Sauce½ Cup Carrots, finely julienned
- ½ Cup Cucumber, fine julienned
- 1 ½ Cups Cabbage Green, shredded
- 1 ½ Cups Rice Noodles
- 20 each Fresh Basil Leaves
- 20 each Fresh Mint Leaves
- Rice Paper