A classic Italian pasta made with olives, garlic, capers, and basil amped up with a serving of our premium Hand Shucked Clams in a light tomato sauce with linguine noodles.
In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat then add the onion and sauté until soft and caramelized, about 6 minutes, then add garlic and cook an additional 2 minutes.
Add the tomato and remaining ingredients and simmer until the sauce has thickened and lightly reduced, about 40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Adjust seasoning as needed, add linguine to the pan, toss to coat, and serve immediately. Garnish with parsley and parmesan if desired.
Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 Cup Sea Watch Hand Shucked Sea Clams, chopped
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 Cup White Onion, finely chopped
- 6 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 – 28oz. Cans Crushed Tomatoes with juice
- 1 Cup Kalamata Olives, pitted and sliced
- 1/2 Cup Capers, drained and chopped
- 2 tsp. Dried Basil
- 1 tsp. Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 lb. Linguine Noodles, cooked al dente
- (Optional) Chopped parsley
- (Optional) Grated parmesan cheese
Sea Watch: DHSC – 12/1 lb.