Clams Puttanesca over Grilled Summer Squash
Clams Puttanesca is the perfect way to celebrate the bounty of any garden. Puttanesca is an olive based tradition that marries perfectly with clams. Present the clam puttanesca over a bed of grilled summer squash.
Mix everything together but the grilled veggies in a large mixing bowl and let marinate for at least 2 hours. Arrange grilled vegetables on a platter in a 3 layer stack alternating varieties. Spoon Puttanesca over veggies and garnish with shaved cheese and fresh black pepper.
Yield: 4-6 appetizers
- 51 oz. Sea Watch Chopped Sea Clams, drained and juice reserved*
- 2 Cups Assorted Pitted Olives, rough chopped
- 2 Cups Canned Tomatoes, diced
- 2 Tbsp. Garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. Flat Leaf Parsley, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh Basil, chopped
- ½ Cup Reserved Clam Juice*
- ½ Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tsp. Red Wine Vinegar
- 3 Yellow Squash, grilled
- 3 Zucchini, grilled
- 1 Red Onion, grilled
- Brush above vegetables with olive oil, salt and pepper. Cut squash and zucchini length ways, ¼ inch thick, onion, ¼ inch thick (leave the rings in tacked)
- Shaved hard cheese
Sea Watch: 0S31 – 6/51 oz.
Sea Watch: 01S31 – 12/51 oz.
Sea Watch: 01G31 – 12/51 oz.
Capt Fred: 01S47 – 12/51 oz.