Quality Assurance Manager – Day Shift
A seafood processor located on the Eastern Shore of Delmarva in Milford, Delaware is accepting resumes for a Quality Assurance Manager for the day shift. Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 302-422-3550.
Manages the daily quality assurance activities and food safety programs on the first shift at the Milford plant. Directly supervises QA Laboratories and oversees the QA Line Technicians.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: TEAMWORK An integral member of plant management team. Provide leadership on Continuous improvement Team Process. LEADS INNOVATION Encourages innovation/change, stays up to date with policy/procedure changes and improvements.
ENERGIZE AND DEVELOP PEOPLE Motivate people and assist with their development within the organization, collaborate with other departments to achieve goals. DELIVER RESULTS – make timely high quality decisions
QUALITY ASSURANCE ACTIVITIES
- Supervise daily instrument calibration program.
- Prepare daily quality documentation and reports.
- Daily review and filing of HACCP and processing records, Thermal Processing records, Fresh and Frozen production records, Sanitation Audits, Shucking and Prep records and other support documents.
- Assure the reliability and consistency of production by in-process and finished product grading sheets.
- Collect, analyze and summarize information and trends.
- Identify and segregate for evaluation non-conforming finished goods.
- Monitor and enforce HACCP and pre-requisite programs, GMPs, Food Defense, Allergen Control/Label Verification and Company Policies/SOPs
- Supervise daily activities of QA lab technicians.
- Monitor performance of production QA technicians. Verify accuracy of checks and provide training to maintain consistency of methods.
- Participate in internal auditing program.
- Participate in Mock Recall exercises and actual recalls as needed.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement Process.
- Assist with design and implementation of special projects.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES NEEDED:
- Requires 5-10 years’ experience in food manufacturing or a Bachelor’s Degree in science or other related field.
- HACCP Certified and completion of FDA sponsored Better Process Control School or able to obtain within the first year.
- Leadership experience in preparing for and leading team through third party food safety/ GMP audits
- Experience integrating Statistical Process Control Methods.
- Good knowledge of MS Office Productivity Software.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Great attention to detail and a results driven approach.
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities.
- Reliable and trustworthy.
- Bilingual Spanish/English a plus.
- Must be able to work Monday through Friday nights with some Saturdays. Hours are 5PM to 3AM depending on production schedule.
BENEFITS: Excellent competitive pay and first day of hire benefits includes; vacation, holiday and sick pay, medical, vision, dental, life and disability insurance, and a company safe harbor matching 401k.M/F/D EOE